Million Dollar Baby – The Million Dollar Baby is a 2004 film directed sports drama, co-produced and scored by Clint Eastwood and starring Clint Eastwood, Hilary Swank and Morgan Freeman. This is the story of a boxing coach underestimated his elusive past, and his quest for reconciliation by an amateur boxer lower in order to realize his dream of a professional. The film won four Oscars, including Best Picture.
The screenplay was written by Paul Haggis, on stories by FX Toole, the pen name of fight manager and “Cutman” Jerry Boyd written basis. Originally published under the title Rope Burns, the stories were published under the title of the film.
The Million Dollar Baby 's Plot
Margaret “Maggie” Fitzgerald, a waitress in a city in Missouri Ozarks, appears in the game now, dilapidated gym in Los Angeles, owned by Frankie Dunn, a boxing trainer brilliant but somewhat successfully operated. Maggie Dunn request to their training, but he reacts with anger, that he “does not train girls.”
Maggie tries to win over Frankie, working tirelessly every day in his gym, even if this discourages others. Eddie “Scrap-Iron” Dupris, a friend of Frankie and staff, promotes and supports everything you can. “Junk” tells the story.
Million Dollar Baby's Cast
- Clint Eastwood as Frankie Dunn, a gruff but well-meaning elderly boxing trainer.
- Hilary Swank as Margaret “Maggie” Fitzgerald, a spunky, highly skilled would-be boxer and the main protagonist.
- Morgan Freeman as Eddie “Scrap-Iron” Dupris, an elderly former boxer and Dunn's pa
rtner, who is blind in one eye.
- Jay Baruchel as Danger Barch, a would-be boxer with more enthusiasm than talent.
- Mike Colter as “Big” Willie Little, a boxer whom Dunn has trained for years.
- Lucia Rijker as Billie “The Blue Bear”, a vicious German boxer and the main antagonist.
- Brian F. O'Byrne as Father Horvak, the priest of the church which Dunn attends, who cannot stand Dunn.
- Anthony Mackie as Shawrelle Berry, an overzealous boxer and frequent tenant of Dunn's gym.
- Margo Martindale as Earline Fitzgerald, Maggie's mother.
- Riki Lindhome as Mardell Fitzgerald, Maggie's sister.
- Michael Pena as Omar, a boxer and Shawrelle's best friend.
- Benito Martinez as Billie's manager
- Bruce MacVittie as Mickey Mack, a rival of Dunn.
- David Powledge as Counterman at Diner
- Joe D'Angerio as Cut Man
- Aaron Stretch as himself
- Don Familton as Ring announcer
The Office million baby-Box
Million Dollar Baby was originally a limited release, the opening of eight cinemas in December 2004.  In her latest offering, the film grossed $ 12,265,482 in North America and quickly became a success at the box office and abroad. He reported $ 216,763,646 in theaters, $ 100,492,203 in the U.S., and $ 116,271,443 overseas. The film was checked in cinemas for six months.
Million Dollar Baby won the Best Picture Academy Award in 2004, 77th Clint Eastwood won his second Oscar for best director and the film was also nominated for best actor in a leading role. Hilary Swank and Morgan Freeman won the Best Actress in a Leading Role and Best Actor in a Supporting Role Oscar, respectively. Joel Cox, editor Eastwood for many years, was nominated for Best Editing, and Paul Haggis was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay.